Monday, March 23, 2015

Hey there.

So, I like horror movies. I like them a lot. I also like horror video games, coffee and adorable animals. 

I like them so much and found myself wanting to talk about them so often that I figured a blog would be a good outlet for that. As luck would have it, an amazing colleague of mine feels the same way.

So this is “Beans and Blood” - a blog about all things horror and maybe some bits about coffee and life in Boston. 

Here is a little more of a personal introduction to me in the form of that most loved Internet format - the survey:

Name: Cary. Hi!

Favorite Horror Flick: The Babadook. This is a recent change for me. Until I recently saw this movie, it was another very different type of horror flick which held this title for me. I’d say more here, but we’ll get into that later. 

Favorite Type of Horror: I really dig psychological horror and old school type horror flicks - things that go bump in the night. Examples? I really enjoyed The Conjuring and The Others. While these are my favorite type of horror films, I also blindly enjoy super gory, over the top horror like the Evil Dead remake and the classics like the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street series. 

Least favorite type of Horror: There really isn’t much that I can’t find some fun in or won’t watch, but I generally don’t seek out straight up torture flicks like the Hostel and Saw films. I also won’t watch movies with graphic rape like I Spit on Your Grave and Irreversible. Never seen those films and never will.

How Long Have You Been Into Horror: Not really sure. When I was younger, everything scared me so I never watched scary movies. I don’t remember when that changed. It’s been a long time, for sure. 

Favorite Horror One-Liner: “Welcome to primetime, bitch!”

So that’s me. 



Thanks for stopping in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment