Monday, March 23, 2015

Hello-

I'm the second "contributor" for this space. Cary, a good friend of mine, had the idea of starting this blog as a way of having us talk about all things horror [since that's what we both love, with bits of caffeine and life interspersed]. 

So, why horror? My Dad actually got me into horror films when I was a little kid. One year for my birthday he went out and bought me a VHS of "The Exorcist" [which my Mom then made him return]. Ever since then I've been into all things horror, whether it be movies, television, books, comic books, and everything in-between.

Keeping with the theme, here's a few facts about myself and what have you:

Name is: Zach ["Ghoul" is preferable, but alas I haven't gotten it to catch on quite yet]

Favorite Horror Film: "Suspiria", "Phantom of the Paradise", "An American Werewolf In London" and "Candyman" are some of my all time favorite films. I'm a sucker for classics, especially Dario Argento, Brian De Palma & Clive Barker. I also definitely have a soft spot for the campy 80's franchises like "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Sleepaway Camp".

Favorite Type of Horror Films: I'll always appreciate a good creature feature or haunting flick, and I also love those over-the-top gory movies [although not all gore movies are great, i.e. "A Serbian Film", that movie was wholly unnecessary].

-Other than that, I wouldn't say I have a "Least Favorite Type" when it comes to horror. It usually just comes down to whether or not I liked the movie or idea.

As I mentioned before, I have been into horror ever since I was a kid. I used to watch old re-runs of "The Gate" on TV and then get too scared to go into my basement. 

The One Horror Flick I Can't Wait To Show People: A new flick called "The Hallow" that just premiered at Sundance got some killer reviews. They haven't released the trailer yet but already I want to see it. Do yourself a favor and look it up!

I guess for now that's it.

More things to come~


No comments:

Post a Comment